FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are memberships available?
- Yes! We have memberships available. We have a friendly, neighborhood atmosphere that attracts members from surrounding areas. Some members have kept their memberships with the Club even though they have moved out of the neighborhood because they don't want to miss out on all of our great activities!
Can you keep my children engaged all summer?
- Can we ever! Swim lessons and swim and dive team practices start soon after the pool opens Memorial Day weekend. Meets are in full swing by mid-June. Tennis clinics are available spring, summer, and fall, and Junior tennis team, clinics, and tennis camp have children in the swing all summer season. Our playground, four square, tetherball, ping pong, and sport court are a buzz of activity. Some kids just love hanging by the pool with their friends. And check out raft nights as well as other Club and team social events!
What is there for parents to do?
- Women's and men's tennis teams, clinics, tennis socials, and round robins; dedicated lap lanes and swim lessons and classes; quiet areas for reading and napping; relaxing with your friends; and adult parties are just a few activities for your time at the Club. And you are always welcome to get involved by assisting, cheering, and supporting swim, dive, and tennis team events.
Is the Club available for private parties?
- Absolutely. The Club's pool areas and tennis courts are great spots for gatherings for your son or daughter, class or team parties, or adult gatherings as well around the pool or on the courts. The Club's spacious grounds allow for parties while other members enjoy all their regular activities. Reservations are required and may be requested here.
May we bring guests?
- Of course! Guest passes give us an opportunity to have our friends and relatives join us for a fun day at our club. It’s also a wonderful way to introduce our club and facilities to potential new members. Passes are available online for $50 for a ten-pack, or at the gate for $8 per person. To ensure our facilities are not overwhelmed by guests, we will be limiting the number of passes issued to each family. It’s important that members sign their guests in at the gate so that we have a record of who was at the club, as well as an opportunity to promote ourselves to these potential future members. Please be sure to comply with these rules, and do not put our lifeguards in the awkward position of having to ask you to pay for your guests. (Guests during a party booked at the pool do not count towards the annual guest count provided the member pays the party fee. See above regarding scheduling of parties.)
Is the Club open year round?
- The swimming pool opens Memorial Day weekend and typically closes two weeks after Labor Day if the weather stays warm, and it usually does in Potomac. Tennis courts are open year round weather permitting, and three courts are covered with a seasonal bubble for indoor use from October into April.